Wine Rack

Bob Kovacs

My wife participates in a charity bike ride for cancer research every year, so we decided that this year instead of just asking for donations, we'd raise money by selling something. I had a bunch of cedar hanging around that someone gave me, so I put this wine rack together, and we'll be selling them for $30 each with all of the money being donated. Since I've got free wood already, the only expense is glue, nails, stain, and time. They've generated a lot of interest so far- I'm thinking we'll end up selling 20-30 of them easily. They'll likely only take about 30 minutes each to cut, assemble, and stain once we're doing them in bulk, so it's a nice return on the time, and it's for a good cause.

The original plan came from a video on Woodworking for Mere Mortals, but was modified to hold the glasses as well as the wine bottle.

WIne Rack.jpg

Man, I wish I saw this before Christmas it would of solved a few "what do I make" gifts.

I hear that. I've had the cedar sitting around for about 6 months, but just got the idea for the wine rack between Christmas and New Years. If it had come to me sooner, I would probably have had 10 or so of them to do as Christmas gifts myself..lol