things Im working on currently

Allen once again you a tribute to what can be achieved as a hobby woodworker. You inspire me and i mean every word. The value add you have added to your home while enjoying a hobby has been tremendous to watch.

As to theft from vehicles there you guys need the help of South Africans. :rofl: The array of items developed in SA to protect vehicles and vehicle content has to be seen to be believed.

My favorite was to prevent the theft of car radios solder fishing hooks (with barbs) on top of the radio with the hook up facing towards the dash. The thief needs to put hands up there to remove the radio (back in the day when they were mounted on the two knobs through a pair of holes in the dash) then when they try pull out they stuck. Its like a rat trap you find the thief in the car next day waiting to be freed dripping in blood. Today if we did that, well i think the vehicle owner would be going to jail since the victim has become the criminal. :rolleyes:

yeah, but if Im on my driveway in the middle of the night and someone is on my property and threatening me, NY law allows me to protect myself and use deadly force if I feel my life is threatened.
Like I said, its only a matter of time before some poor mother is crying her eyes out to the news media about how good a son she had and that drugs steered him the wrong way, and how angry she is at some home owner for using deadly force when she knows her son would never hurt a fly, even though he had a gun in h is waistband and a car full of stolen merchandise. Its coming, homeowners are sick and tired of being victims.

on another note, I think after my sons kitchen and some helping others here or there, I finally caught on to this crown molding stuff.
Nice tight fit, right into that 44 degree wall, and my outside corner. Makes me happy, only took me 2 or so years to figure out.

Attachments

• 100_1704.jpg
    100_1704.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 19
hooorayyyy!!!

finally, after a year and a half, I finally got a knock on the door as I was cleaning up the tools upstairs,the contractor'sfinally ready to measure out the bathroom and put in a new one.
Now Im just waiting on the scary part, the price.

on another note, I think after my sons kitchen and some helping others here or there, I finally caught on to this crown molding stuff.
Nice tight fit, right into that 44 degree wall, and my outside corner. Makes me happy, only took me 2 or so years to figure out.

Indeed that is a perfect fit from where I'm sitting. I'd go with "magical" for all my crown molding skills are worth :thumb:

I lack the expertise to do the necessary plumbing and tile work.
I might experiment with some cabinets, but when it comes to plumbing, and tiling, not something I want to mess with.
This time Ill go for the labor costs, as Im sure the bulk of the expense will be the custom base of the shower, the custom glass doors we have to have made to order and the cost of tile.
Im waiting on the price, Ill sit before he gives it to me, but the contractor told me already, his price will not include the custom glass enclosure, nor the cost of tiles which we will pick out ourselves and pay accordingly.(he can get us a small discount with his contractor status on tiles)
Im not changing sink, toilet, using the same ugly vanity I built.

fine job on the crown allen,, and why dont you tackle the new bathroom remodel?

although I answered, expanded a bit.

Im pretty certain I can take down whats there, with help from my son put up new cement board, since Im not changing anything as far as shape.
Even though my son tiled his backsplash, doing a bathroom is a bit different as far as Im concerned.
Setting in the base, adjusting the drain, moving the water lines, this would all have to be done by a plumber, and Im sure Id pay dearly.
Then once I order the custom glass wall and door, if I make any mistakes, its on me. And making mistakes is my middle name, especially when I never came close to doing anything like this in my life.
If anything goes wrong with the contractor, like chipped glass, doesn't fit right, its all on him.
For the stuff I have to farm out, I don't think it would be much less than hiring someone to do the entire job, since I could only do the chump work myself.

I have a friend whos 2 years away from retiring. He is qualified to do almost everything, as he has done his and his sons bathroom, but if I ask him to help me(and he would be thrilled to do it for me), its going to be like when he has a free weekend day, and with his 3 sons, his 2 grandchildren, both sets of their parents alive, and all his siblings, his wifes siblings, all their kids, he has a very large immediate family.
so time is an issue with him. I don't want to get involved and then get stuck for 6 months waiting on weekends, cancelled time, cant make it, something came up, and so forth.
If he was retired now, Id go ahead and see how far we could get.
I even thought about hiring sayer, but the drive for him would be a killer, 2 hours each way, and I learned a long time ago never to do business with friends or family. Better to hire a reputable stranger and never worry about straining relationships.

And the way I look at it in the end, if I put in 12 thousand, when I sell the house, Im sure Id get back another 5 since it will be a newer and modern bathroom upstairs.

Hire me? Im flattered..If you took your time there is no doubt in my mind that you would do a beautiful job. It might take a little longer doing it for the first time but i'm sure it would look great. Lets talk you sending a helicopter for me daily and I'll be there! On a serious note, if you want to do it and need a hand a few days i'm there for you.

yeah, it passed through my head, but the trip, and you don't need the work.
Ive already given the contractor the ok, waiting on him to set a date in june for me.
I appreciate it.

yeah i am sure it would,,, and right now the better half has decided to paint what was papered in a bedroom and bath room,, and i dont like paint it shows every divot in the mud work and this was done long ago when i was just learning to mud.. and now i dont do it let the big dogs play with it.. but the pay for big dogs isnt in the budget:( anymore.. so she and her daughter can pass the time away doing it..