How do you guys plug in?

Jim Burr

I have an issue being tied to a cord, so...as you might guess...I have used this for years at church. Love it...works great and I'm free to move around. What do you folks use to "plug in"?
qazybury.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Currently I'm using a low-end (~$60) Nady wireless unit, but I'm planning to replace it with something better when I can afford to. (Line 6 makes a good one, but it's over $300.) The Nady I have is cheaply made and not very robust. It also seems to get interference/static in some of the venues we play.

Back in the early 1980s, I was the first pro player in Albuquerque to use a wireless rig onstage 6 nights a week. I was also very active on (and sometimes off) stage. That thing got me in trouble or injured more than once. :D

Flying at the Golden Inn 800.jpg

You can see the transmitter on my strap in this pic. (This shot was midway through a jump off a 4' high drum riser. And coincidentally, the audience member on the far right of the frame in the blue shirt is the other guitarist in the band I'm playing in now. Also, our current bass player is the guy playing the white Rickenbacker to my right in this shot.) :)

I'm still wired, haven't sprung for the wireless yet. Typically I'm sitting on a stool, but not tripping on the cords would be nice when I do need to move around.

Electric guitars or basses. There's somewhat of a subculture here on the forum of guitar players and other musicians. ;) We laugh, but it's usually at our own playing. :rofl:

Sub-culture? Sub-culture!?! Oh wait, you mean like that newspaper article: "Four musicians and drummer injured in car wreck". drummers, now there's a sub-culture :rofl:

How do you get a bass player off your front porch?...pay for the pizza!
How do you get a drummer to drool from both sides of his mouth?...level the stage.
Ha!!! Just had the need.

Thanks for the thoughts folks! I'll be back in front of the congregation in a month or so and am really fond of my wireless.

Currently I'm using a low-end (~$60) Nady wireless unit, but I'm planning to replace it with something better when I can afford to. (Line 6 makes a good one, but it's over $300.) The Nady I have is cheaply made and not very robust. It also seems to get interference/static in some of the venues we play.

Back in the early 1980s, I was the first pro player in Albuquerque to use a wireless rig onstage 6 nights a week. I was also very active on (and sometimes off) stage. That thing got me in trouble or injured more than once. :D

View attachment 80294

You can see the transmitter on my strap in this pic. (This shot was midway through a jump off a 4' high drum riser. And coincidentally, the audience member on the far right of the frame in the blue shirt is the other guitarist in the band I'm playing in now. Also, our current bass player is the guy playing the white Rickenbacker to my right in this shot.) :)

Ok...I need another autograph!!

I've got a little set of the joyo wireless adapters. Small and convenient, but not sure if theyd be good for gigging.

http://www.amazon.com/JW-01-Recharg...&qid=1389214411&sr=8-1&keywords=joyo+wireless

View attachment 80291

I've got that nady one too, but what I don't like about it is the transmitter unit needs to be connected to the guitar using a cord, and you have to put the transmitter on you pocket, or strap or whatever.

For general dinking around, the joyo unit is much easier to handle, but seems to work best on a strat since the jack is on the front of the guitar, so the transmitter is a little more protected than just sticking out of the bottom of the guitar.

I also like the fact they are rechargeable, but like I said, only for general fooling around in the studio. I'm not sure I'd take it out on the road. There I'd want to be able slap a new set of batteries in if they needed it...

Other than that, generally just a 6' cord does just fine, unless I need to be moving around.

:rofl:

What do you call a drummer who breaks up with his girlfriend?

Homeless.

Sub-culture......or sub-species?:rofl:

How do you get a bass player off your front porch?...pay for the pizza!
How do you get a drummer to drool from both sides of his mouth?...level the stage.

OK, my bad. Before we insult any resident drummers; we all know there are exceptions like Neal Peart, Bill Bruford, Steve Gadd, Steve Smith, etc., etc. I used to play plenty of riffs I didn't write on the keys when a someone would ask for something like doo-doo-do-do-dahh-lahdy-laa.

OK, my bad. Before we insult any resident drummers; we all know there are exceptions like Neal Peart, Bill Bruford, Steve Gadd, Steve Smith, etc., etc. I used to play plenty of riffs I didn't write on the keys when a someone would ask for something like doo-doo-do-do-dahh-lahdy-laa.

Do we have a resident drummer?

Okay... thanks for the clarification. All I could think of was:

1. My router is wireless
2. My computer is wireless
3. My printer is wireless
4. My phone is wireless
5. I'm clueless!!

I was going to mention that the only things I plug in are my hearing aids into my ear canals... but you don't need to know that, so I'll keep it to myself.

Okay... thanks for the clarification. All I could think of was:

1. My router is wireless
2. My computer is wireless
3. My printer is wireless
4. My phone is wireless
5. I'm clueless!!

I was going to mention that the only things I plug in are my hearing aids into my ear canals... but you don't need to know that, so I'll keep it to myself.

:rofl: