My "Office" - Somebody's Gotta Do It.

glenn bradley

A music video about the campus I work on. I get a twisted kick out of the line "undefeated since 1975" since that's the year we started NOT having a football team :rolleyes:

This must have taken awhile to put together as several of the events they are using as backgrounds happen throughout the school year.

Last edited:
Great video Glenn looks like a nice place to work.

What is it with schools and clock towers ??? They all seem to have them as if students are going to look at the time. Lol.

sent from s4

What is it with schools and clock towers ???

Funny isn't it? There is some sort of 'thing' on campus about the clock tower; no buildings can be taller than it. The campus is in a hilly area so the buildings donwhill from the clock tower are as tall as 7 stories. My office is up the hill in a building at the base of the ridge where the big "C" is (largest concrete letter in the country at one time or another as if that is an accomplishment) so it is only one story ;-)

Last edited:
What is it with schools and clock towers ??? They all seem to have them as if students are going to look at the time. Lol.

In all seriousness, Rob... the question is more along the lines of : how many students owned a watch at the time the tower was built.
And probably the answer is "lots". But I would bet that they were trying to emulate the tradition of far older colleges and universities that were built in a time when practically no one owned a pocket watch.

Glenn... is it *just* a clock tower? When I was watching the video I was first thinking that it was a rather narrow office tower, as it looked way too large to just be a clock tower. But as the video progressed and I saw different angles, I just was not sure.

The cock tower has a 48 bell carrillion with bells weighing from 28 pounds to 2-1/2 tons :eek:. It stands only 160-odd feet high but, very few people are actually allowed in the clock tower itself for whatever reason. There is a stepped quasi-stage area that surrounds it on four sides where all sorts of activities occur. Oddly enough, back when I was in college in the 70's (not at UCR) the band I played with played a gig at the clock tower while touring uiversities. We also did a gig at 'the Barn' which is an original historic building on campus that has been converted into a restaurant with a stage for shows now that I think about it. Maybe my ending up here was fate :D.

Last edited: