Any Colts fans here???

My thoughts about any sport at this level is 90% is psychological.
I know people get into stats and analysing moves and plays etc but consider how few people make it into this level by comparison to the numbers that actually play any of the sports. I am talking Football, Hockey,Soccer, Cricket,Rugby dont matter. Each has a technical play aspect.
But to me what defines the winner looser aspect is mental.
Now just think what in your mind and heart is going on when you going up against a coach of the likes of Bill Belichick. They say he will go down in history as one of the all time best coachs.
He has a way of taking rookies or spotting talent and bringing that to the fore and doing so consistently.
This is what good leaders do and its all mental.
Think about it you dont get to this level without the physical and technical skill. Sure some skills can be refined and honed with additional input and practice but i believe most of it gets to be in the head.
Not much different for our woodworking, the success of a business venture or whatever.
To me it underlines the importance of building confidence in people something if you consider our forum happens on a post by post basis most of the time.
I look at even a game show like amazing race and you see how people just need something or someone to help them overcome their own lack of belief in being able to accomplish a task and they suddenly do things they never ever thought they could in their life. In the case of the show the prize money is the magic key, but even in that case it has not always been the key.

Look up Bradys history, he was not a huge success at the draft. Bill has helped him become that. And when you hear Bill talk he is emphasises most that one needs to be doing what you love to do to really excell at it. Few in life get to do that.

sent from s4