Family news

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Since you all are a very big part of my family, I want to share some exciting stuff that is going on in my life.

You know I am looking at some dirt in California. The process is slow but the thing is still on the tracks. Lots of convolutions but I am both hopeful and excited. As Glenn said, "Just wrinkles in the road." Indeed! The latest is a broken title chain. That means somebody somewhere along the line did not cross all the 't's' and dot all the 'i's' when the property changed hands. Means the title cannot be insured or a loan taken out on the property down the road. It's fixable, just will take some sleuthing and some time.

On the professional front, I am getting closer to the next assignment. There have been computer glitches way up the line that prevented my info package from being posted where it needed to be. That got fixed yesterday. Been working on that little problem since October! Already got an email saying my package had been passed along to a congregation for their preview. The congregation is in California about 40 miles from my hoped for dirt! How cool is that?

On the weather front, shorts are the order of the day, Unseasonably warm and troublesome because this is the rainy season and there ain't any. Fire season is four months early. Not good.

In other news, have a great day. Just needed to brag a little! :) Carry on.

I've been trying to understand what do you mean by "dirt", and from the context I infer that you want to buy some piece of land. Is that so Carol? Sorry for asking but I still have some problems with some slang or coloquial words/meanings.

Last edited:
Exactly, Toni. I am looking to buy a lot ('dirt') for the future. I won't always be a traveling person. Sorry to be confusing.

An update. After a few weeks of finding all sorts of issues with this particular piece of land, an offer has been tendered. Keeping good thoughts for all involved. In this case, not an easy thing to do! Cross your fingers. They have until Saturday night to respond.

Last edited: