It's Friday! - 1/17/2014 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Well another week, another dollar.

Tonight we've got my wife's holiday party. Her company's departments do their own, and to make it easier on everyone, her boss has it after the first of the year rather than when everyone has their family get togethers.

Tomorrow I've got some mudding to do on the Living room project, going to start pulling up carpet and getting trim roughed up to take some paint. Might get a little shop time in on Sunday, it's supposed to get up to the mid 50's here by then. It's a long weekend for me also, so probably more of the same Monday.

What's everyone else got going?

Staying inside tonight...cold and windy. Saturday I will be working on my dust collection system hopefully finally getting it hooked up to the TS. Warmer here on Sunday as well so probably an activity outside followed by some football and maybe shop time.

4 day weekend due to MLK Day = Shop time. Couple me projects and trying like all get out to finish one up. Not much today as shop temp is too cold and will take most of day to warm material core temp up.

Preaching this weekend, so I am consumed with church stuff. Maybe football if I am not napping after having done FIVE services! Good grief! I couldn't do that every week.

I am working on a Bible Conference Sign for Monadnock Bible Conference Camp in New Hampshire.

Sorry, but it's not wood.

But it is 3 Dimensional.

Gonna be cool.

I am getting ready to start remodeling my kitchen and a LOT of other work in the house.

Shop time this afternoon (Friday) to work on our platform bed project. Too cold (for these parts) to do any yard work - darn it! :rolleyes:

Saturday, I'll do a little more on the flag/display case for FIL. Yeah, I hop around a bit. Variety is the spice of life! :thumb:

Sunday will be brunch, then settle in to go blind watching playoffs. :bonkers:

Visited Rockler's with Bob this morning (thanks for the ride Bob) & picked up a Dust Right Quick Connect 4'' Elbow for the planer to get the hose away from the board as it exits. Expect to start on a small project for the LOML.
Daughter is visiting for the long weekend. Always nice to have her home. Watch the Patriots/Broncos game. Otherwise a quiet weekend.
:thumb:

Have a gig tonight at a local sports bar & grill from 6:00 to 9:00. :guitar:

Saturday will be hanging out and cleaning the apartment, then a family get-together at my sister's house late afternoon.
eating.gif

Sunday I'm planning to meet up with a tactical shooting club that a buddy runs and go shoot up some paper bad guys.
2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Guitar lesson today. Saturday is dinner with friends followed by 'The Addams Family' musical comedy at Chrysler Hall. Football on Sunday. Burning firewood and maybe cleaning off my bench in between.

Visited Rockler's with Bob this morning (thanks for the ride Bob) & picked up a Dust Right Quick Connect 4'' Elbow for the planer to get the hose away from the board as it exits. Expect to start on a small project for the LOML.
Daughter is visiting for the long weekend. Always nice to have her home. Watch the Patriots/Broncos game. Otherwise a quiet weekend.
:thumb:

Yup, had a great morning. Shared some great woodworking ideas and solved a few world problems as well :thumb:
I picked up a 1/8" slot cutting bit and some table top fasteners.

Saturday morning I'll be working on making the back of the bookcase then it's a birthday party for one of my daughters.
Sunday, Church then shop time and Patriots game time.

Precepting a new nurse on DMAT so headed to Los Banos to do a gear inspection. Not sure if I'm going to study much since I may have to drop and move, but we'll see.

Continuing efforts to catch up in the shop. You really get to find out how much you actually get accomplished when it screeches to a halt and all the projects run into you from behind :D

Adding some casters to my impromptu keyboard table. Then hope to manage to cut a few strips of ply if weather stays -3 celcius. And doing some more pocket hole assembly of a box.
More snow to clear and on Sunday its Pats vs Broncos.:)
Not sure Pats are going to make it but it will be an entertaining game.

sent from s4

Friday night: attend Italian Fest dinner at church.

Saturday: finalize church financial report for 2013, receive up to 30 guests at my home to greet my new grandson.

Sunday: attend mass, present financial statements to Parish Council, attend another friggin' meeting afterwards. Sunday night chill out with my family.

Adding some casters to my impromptu keyboard table. Then hope to manage to cut a few strips of ply if weather stays -3 celcius. And doing some more pocket hole assembly of a box.
More snow to clear and on Sunday its Pats vs Broncos.:)
Not sure Pats are going to make it but it will be an entertaining game.

the way I look at it, its manning vs brady.
2 of the best quarterbacks in Nfl history, and I get to watch the game live. Doesn't matter much to me who wins

after sticking my finger into the router bit a few days ago, I glued up the door I was making and it didn't come out right.
Not sure why after making a mock up door, and used same measurements, but I might be able to salvage it so I guess that will be my only project tomorrow.
expecting the polar vortex by Tuesday, so I don't think Ill get much shop time in this week at all.

Getting ready for a mini-FWW visit :) Your room will be ready :wave:

Doing the winter tree watering which us desert rats have to do when we don't get snow by each of the major holidays (TG, Xmas, MLK, Pres). Guess I should have factored in a 100 trees in deciding to mover here :rofl: Luckily I can tap into Brent's great re-irrigation for part of the yard last year.

And as usual, werky-werk during the football games