Sharon, you need to know this

That article just sounds like good old fashioned demand planning. Anticipate where products will be purchased and put the stock in place to be ready. They aren't going to actually ship it too you until you order, they'll just be able to fulfill your order faster/better.

I can't see the Drone delivery ever working though. Too many issues with battery energy/density, distance, payload weight, Shotguns, etc.... :D

On a more serious note about Amazon, I've seen a dramatic difference in their efficiency over the years - not that it was bad to start with by any stretch of the imagination! We order items from them routinely and a high percentage ship from Atlanta these days, rather than all other points of the USA. Even with the "Free Shipping" option, we get delivery in a couple of days, in many cases.

On a more serious note about Amazon, I've seen a dramatic difference in their efficiency over the years - not that it was bad to start with by any stretch of the imagination! We order items from them routinely and a high percentage ship from Atlanta these days, rather than all other points of the USA. Even with the "Free Shipping" option, we get delivery in a couple of days, in many cases.

It probably depends on where you live. In Reno, we are the largest distribution center per ca pita in the US (hey living here...I have to hang on to something :). That aside, I know we have a major distribution center in Fallon, so when we use Prime we literally get many things the next day, or at least the following, which I guess is their guarantee.

I sense there is a real big change coming and it will be up to us entrepreneurs to come up with ideas to utilize empty mall space (I have some ideas, but then again I came up with the intermittent windshield wipers 10 years before they came out with them) :rofl:

...it will be up to us entrepreneurs to come up with ideas to utilize empty mall space (I have some ideas, but then again I came up with the intermittent windshield wipers 10 years before they came out with them) :rofl:

You're gonna sell intermittent windshield wipers at malls? :huh: I'm no business expert or anything, but I don't see you making a lot of money doing that. :dunno: :D

Huh, I heard somewhere a few weeks ago that amazon was considering using drones. Thought it was just gossip. I agree with Brent though, plus airspace would become to crowded.