Emperor the movie

Well i have seen it Toni and it sure gave insight into a few things. Have since done some research and its reasonably accurate. I thought perhaps Stu would see it and take a look at it because it would shed light on post war Japan. The thing i find interesting is there is much propaganda i grew up with showing what "heros" the victors were in WW2 but few that deal with the aftermath. In my reading one of things that never crossed my mind was what the allies (mainly the USA in this case) did to consider ensuring the safety of POWs in Japanese prisoner of war camps around the same time as the terms of surrender were being sorted out in a broader sense. Japan also had over 1million soldiers in China in Manchuria that had to be repatriated.

What struck me though that Americans should be proud of is the depth of knowledge that the Brigadier General Bonner Fellers and his support staff could bring to the table to support a guy like Mac Arthur. Lets remember this was still at a time when the typewriter was the go to piece of tech. The knowledge they had assembled on the various players on the Japanese side was incredible right down to pictures etc.

Yeah a very worthwhile movie maybe not if you only like Bruce Willis die hard intensity. It got a bad wrap in my view when i look at the ratings but what to expect from the movie going audience that can only handle 150 characters in a tweet.