We got a deal!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
I have an accepted offer on the California dirt! I will be going over later in the week to sign papers. It should be a short escrow period.

Now to start dreaming up house and shop plans. Think small. I already know what size shop was too big for me. This will b an evolutionary process.

Next up? A job. :thumb: :thumb: :highfive:

Yay! You've already got most of the tools that you knw you want to have. Lay out a floor plan for them, include some wall space for tool cabinets and hanging items and you're all set. One o my dream features is to store my lumber outside of the shop in another outbuilding or modified, re-used shipping container.

Now to start dreaming up house and shop plans. Think small.

:score: Congratulations, Carol!!!

small? http://www.notsobighouse.com/ ;)

In all seriousness, being the sunny south, would it make the most sense to just build an attached garage (whatever size you like) and put the shop in there? This gives you an attached convenient shop, and gives you something that works well for resale.

(but I confess I'm probably thinking urban. If this is rural then that changes things again.)

Yes, a California girl again. Not to be confused with a Valley Girl, however! I will be going over in a day or two to get the paperwork signed. Also got an invitation to watch the Super Bowl on a large screen on Sunday. That will be more about the people who invited me than the game, though.

Lots to do before the first shovelful gets turned over. Hopefully within a year. Reasons are many but things do take longer than one hopes. So lots of time to plan.

By neighborhood standards this is a very small lot. So efficiency will be the order or the day. After utilities are planned, I will have an approved footprint from the county. When that shape is know, the really serious planning begins.

First, the mundane stuff, like a survey, and water and power brought to the lot. Water is across the street where the meters will be. There are two meters. One is a fire meter. There is a power pole on one corner, so I will just need a construction hook-up for now. The wait for water is 4 months. I don't know about power yet.

And lest the cart gets in front on the horse, it will be good for the sale to be final. :)