Keen Kutter K5 for sale

Tom Bussey

DSC00883.jpgAs always all have been precision ground and are no more than .0015 of an inch out of being perfectly flat. The sides have been ground with the same care and precision and are also ground square to the bottom. The would make a good choice of a plane for shooting board work.

I touched up the plane irons on all of the planes. It helps with sharpening, It doesn't require any lapping but a lot of people will still do it. The top on. some of the earlier irons needed a little help after about 100 years or so. I also flatten the backs at the cutting edge . It helps the blade to make full contact with the frog and I feel it helps reduce chatter.

I like to show the planes completely disassembled so you know everything works properly and they come with a money back quarantee

I have a Keen kutter K5 for sale. Actually I have two I just didn't include pictures of both. The are the same except one is a smooth bottom and the other isa C. The only diference between a bedrock round side and a K series plane is the casting numbers so I the first picture is of all three to show the simalarities.

Both have been stripped and repainted The C has a rosewood knob and tote with the defect shown in the picture the other has a new walnut tote and knob.
I would like $100 plus shipping for either.

DSC00880.jpgDSC00881.jpgDSC00882.jpgDSC00884.jpgDSC00884.jpgDSC00885.jpgDSC00886.jpgDSC00886.jpgDSC00887.jpg

Thanks for looking