Google chrome is listening

Big brother is here, and we all have let him in our lives without a second thought. They do track all what we do on the web, no matter wether it is Google, Mozilla, Explorer, Facebook, Twiter, Twenty, Linkedin,Outlook or any other. There are pieces of software that read our e-mails, our phone conversations are all stored by law "just in case", there have been succesful trials of remote wireless reading the hard drive of a PC that was not connected at the web. So either we stop using these devices and go back to pen and paper or we put up with it.

Well, privacy is something that not many folks using the internet have unless they go to extremes. There's lots of anonymity software and techniques available for both computers and smart phones. Much of it requires that users on both ends of the connection use the same encryption keys and software. Even then hackers take advantage of other software on the machines to collect information about the user(s). There was a good article in the latest Popular Mechanics about privacy and techniques used by some to avoid their privacy being invaded.

No software is truly exempt from exploits, I would agree that the one you posted about Bart probably should be patched by Google, but I think it's also a case of the users use that featuere, have trusted a site to use that feature, and the site isn't being diligent about making sure they aren't being exploited, allowing themselves to be the channel between the end user and the hacker. Many cases of where hackers implement their exploits is through sites that sell ad space. They sell the space and really don't control what the "advertiser" is putting up on it. Many times it looks like a basic ad, but will contain those exploits. My advice, avoid those sites or use an ad blocking software. Also keep your virus scanner up to date and use malware detection (which many virus scanners have built in).