Hey Jeff................

Stuart Ablett

........would you buy this.....??

new_hyper1.jpg new_hyper2.jpg new_hyper3.jpg

......... for about $10 :D

Says it is a 100V 1/4 Hp motor, rusty and scratched up, but works.

I might just pick it up if it stays cheap, clean it up, must be able to find a use for such a cool looking old motor :D :thumb:

Cheers!

Oh you got it bad now!! :( Buying stuff cause it's old and cool looking! How do you think I ended up with that huge bandsaw?? :D Andyes it is a cool looking motor. Just to small for any project I have at the moment. ;)

Jeff

Yeah, 1/4 HP is not so great, it says 200W so I guess it really is 1/4 HP.

But I do wonder, so many of the older motors seem to have more grunt than the newer ones with the same HP rating, this seems to be especially true with the cheaper newer ones.

I'll have not doubt that if a Baldor Motor, or one of similar quality says 2 Hp it really is 2 HP, but a Chiwanese motor that says 2 Hp..... :huh:

If you know what I mean.

Yep, might have to pick this one up, wonder what I can use a 1/4 HP motor for :dunno:

:D

I agree. Sears is famous for advertising 2hp motor on the tools as 4hp Peak. Sure when you put it in a bind and lock up the blade! Since I don't see a capacitor on that motor it might be a Repulsion Induction motor? Those have more torque (as I understand it) at their rated HP than Cap. start motor. My Unisaw is 1.5 HP but you would never believe it to use it.

I have my eyes out for a couple of the old huge motors for the bandsaw and the air raid siren that is coming. Just makes me sick that the guy scraped the bandsaw motor! But old motors are cool. I just love them.

Jeff

here`s an old baldor 850 rpm motor i picked up for free just cause it was available.....3hp,3-phase a little over 200#......smooth as silk;)

MVC-317S.JPG

MVC-319S.JPG

MVC-320S.JPG

MVC-321S.JPG

OK Tod, now you are just being plain MEAN to poor old Jeff :D :rofl::rofl:

Nice motor, but I sure would not want to have to wrassle that sucker on top of anything much off the floor!

Cheers!

Great grinding, sharpening stone motor Stu

Ten bucks? Better purchase that baby.

If all else fails, buy a boat. You'll already have an anchor:thumb: :D