Dirt got sticky

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Well,, we have hit some serious legal snags. Some the sellers were unaware of but I ferreted them out, so now they know. The ball is in their court but the deal may be in serious jeopardy. In any event, I am advised to hold off until they resolve title and trespass issues, 2 headaches I don't want.

Called doing due diligence. Not exactly happy here today.

Good things come to those who wait?

Better to have these problems resolved while you are still a potential buyer than after you own it, I know you know that, but I just thought I'd say it for you again.

Fingers crossed, and I'll make a suggestion to the man upstairs that he will help you resolve these issues!!

:D

Working your way through this is like doing your income taxes . . . for weeks at a stretch; very painful. In the end it is all for the best as issues not cleaned up now become your issues at the close of escrow. Keep at it, I'll hope for the best.

sorry to hear of your woes carol but i can speak from experience(BAD) that it is better to get it right now than later on have to be over a barrel and have a possible worse outcome. keeping my fingers crossed as well

Don't put to much effort it to it sis...that is the job of the title company and they are required by law...hence the title policy, to insure free and clear to any and all deed holders. That's why you pay them the big bucks!!

I was surprised to learn that many deeds are recorded without title insurance! Hence some irregularities here. It is not required, not even in California. Lawyer says it is not uncommon but of course the best path is with title insurance. I won't do it without it. Sellers' problem. I will have to wait to see what they will do about it. There is another legal issue but have to keep things in order, as in one thing at a time.

Drats! I'm glad you are being patient with this and taking the right steps to save big hassles later on. I hope you are keeping an ear to the ground for other dirt in the area, just in case.

Don't put to much effort it to it sis...that is the job of the title company and they are required by law...hence the title policy, to insure free and clear to any and all deed holders. That's why you pay them the big bucks!!

well jim, it didnt work that way for me, had a realtor i was dealing with and had a paper saying it was all clear, well the description and the existing structure wasnt in tune with each other after about 11yrs and had to scramble to get things fixed..

well jim, it didnt work that way for me, had a realtor i was dealing with and had a paper saying it was all clear, well the description and the existing structure wasnt in tune with each other after about 11yrs and had to scramble to get things fixed..

I can only speak for Calif Larry. Although messy at times, they...like car insurance, get to pick up the bill up to and including relocation of affected occupant

We had a snag in purchasing the house we are in now....The original house on the property had burned down. New larger house built in the middle of 4 Pecan trees. Seems no one checked the easements.:eek::eek::huh: Yep, the easement for the cul-de-sac ran about 12" into one corner of the garage! Seller was the owner's son after the parents passed. He had to pay some money to get things redrawn to make it all legal. Funny how those things work out. But it was worth the hassle and unknowing until it was settled. Just hope it doesn't come back to bite us when it's time to sell!!!!!;) Jim.