Last from this shop for a bit...maybe...

Jim Burr

First PSI bolt action on cocobolo. Gotta say that even though I did BTC with provided steel bushings...the bushings suck!
Now you ask what is the stuff above the pen? Before I tucked it away, I stabilized two alligator jawbones for later casting. Sorry I haven't posted much but with moving and all...kinda tough. Enjoy! C&C always used next time!
u2eha6y8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I like the look of the cocobolo on that pen. Are you using a point pot to stabilize or did you build another type?

Ted, I use a large tank (11x8x11") from Curtis at Turntex, Cactus Juice and a HF 6cfm vacuum pump. We also do a lot of study work on density and weight increase with stabilization.

Thanks everyone! I have some of these kits in matte black...kinda commando looking. Having some graphite colored carbon fiber cast for them...real stealthy!

Well I can see it now. :) Looks good from here, and knowing your work I'm sure it's better even than it looks. O by the way when you moving out of that place and getting over into Nevada?
Yes I also have had gater and thought it was good.

It will be strange being in a town with more than one active member on the FWW site...

Looking forward to having a wood working buddy around though. Maybe music, too..:thumb:

Looks great from here Jim.
I TBC without using any bushings, much more accurate.
A lot of turners buy bushing made for TBC which are not as acurate as TBC without bushings.

Les