Ron's tumor

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
First, thanks to Jim Burr for relaying a message for me last night. I now have a wi-fi account here at the hospital.

The MRI found a golf ball sized tumor in the lower back of his head. It appears to be slow growing but his headaches have gotten much worse, so it has to come to come out. Hopefully it will be benign but at this point all other information is speculation, and so we won't go there to raise more anxiety.

I appreciate your support. This is a tough time. The words, "My brother has a brain tumor" are indeed frightening. I will keep you posted as things develop. Everything else in my life is on hold, for those who wondered how I handle everything. I do have a watcher over me, as some of you know.

I remember the look on Staceys' face when I found out...one T-shirt I could do without. Out of our hands sis so do your thing...we'll take care of this end...stay blessed!!

If I may suggest a good book to read on subject >> Shrinkage << I have not read it yet, but I understand it is excellent, entertaining and uplifting, as well as very practical.

Thoughts and prayers headed your way too!

Rob-I'm no doctor but I do work in medical imaging and have seen a lot of this type of situation. Generally you don't know something is wrong til something is wrong. Hard to detect if there are no signs or symptoms. People don't usually get MRI's when they feel fine just to see if there is anything abnormal. The human body is truly amazing-mostly good (think Olympic athletes), sometimes REALLY bad. I hope this one works out for the best.

Just want to mention, my 40 year old nephew had something like this removed from his brain a few years ago. He's right as rain today, so be positive, as I'm sure you are. We thought he had an inner ear infection at first.