Porter Cable 7539 - Wow

Allen Bookout

UPS just delivered my new PC 7539 and I am impressed. I have a Milwaukee 5625 but this PC seems so much larger. I guess that it is because it is a plunger and stands taller. This is my first PC router and I am glad that you PC guys kept saying that they were great. I have not put a bit in it yet but started it a few times and no jerking even with that hp. I really like the 6 position turrent and it has no play, unlike my DeWalt 621. The other things that I really like about it are that the switch is in the handle like the 621 and the plunge lock seems to be in a perfect spot and holds well. I think that I will like that lock better than turning a handle. I am thinking about getting an Eliminator quick change chuck for it. Anyone using one of these for a report?

I set my combination square beside it to show the size of this monster. I know that this is old hat to some of you but it impressed me.

PC7539.jpg

Allen, that looks like a real beast, and it sounds like it is put together with some thought of how the user will operate it. Looks like a winner to me.

I have the PC 7518 motor in my router table, and it just keeps running, even when it is swinging a 3" panel making bit.

For bench top work I use the good old DeWalt 621. It is a good worker too.

Now the real question is, can you cut a 2" deep 3/4" dado the length of your bench in one swipe? :eek: :huh:

Have fun with your new toy.:)

pc 7539

Isn't that a great machine? :thumb:
I have had one hanging upside down in the router table for years. Have the older style.
One thing that got me worried - at one time the beast wouldn't work in the slowest speed. Why? I asked. Finally figured it out.
Got it out from the router table and locked it in the upright position. Rocked it and banged it gently down on the table, on it's base plate - now go easy, you don't want to break or bend a base plate. Depending what type you might be using.
All the saw dust that had accumulated down in the motor cavity started falling out. Kept jogging it until empty. Didn't want to force air into it for fear of jambing some saw dust or chips into some electrical contact area.
Low and behold - it works perfectly.
So make the bouncing a regular routine when removing the bit.
A really great machine.
Daniel :wave:

Now the real question is, can you cut a 2" deep 3/4" dado the length of your bench in one swipe? :eek: :huh:

No problem!!!!!!

One thing that got me worried - at one time the beast wouldn't work in the slowest speed. Why? I asked. Finally figured it out.
Got it out from the router table and locked it in the upright position. Rocked it and banged it gently down on the table, on it's base plate - now go easy, you don't want to break or bend a base plate. Depending what type you might be using.
All the saw dust that had accumulated down in the motor cavity started falling out. Kept jogging it until empty. Didn't want to force air into it for fear of jambing some saw dust or chips into some electrical contact area.
Low and behold - it works perfectly.
So make the bouncing a regular routine when removing the bit.
A really great machine.
Daniel :wave:

Good to know information. Thanks Daniel!

Looks great :thumb:

PC's are my main routers.

I have 4 of the 7537's. D-Handles:D
They are only 2.5 Hp

Really too heavy to handle using freehand. For me at least.

I have 2 of them in tables