Rice for two.

Stunning, great choice of woods and very well executed.

I especially like the chopsticks. May I ask how you joined the piece together on those?
Ryan what I did was take two pieces of wood 5/8 x 5/8. Drilled a hole in each end and after turning a 1/ 8" hardwood dowel just mated the two together using 2 part epoxy. Put in clamps over night then turned. ounce I got down to 5/16 I took a small parting tool cut the grove for the inlay and mixed that up using key shavings and move epoxy. Hope that helps.

Ryan what I did was take two pieces of wood 5/8 x 5/8. Drilled a hole in each end and after turning a 1/ 8" hardwood dowel just mated the two together using 2 part epoxy. Put in clamps over night then turned. ounce I got down to 5/16 I took a small parting tool cut the grove for the inlay and mixed that up using key shavings and move epoxy. Hope that helps.

Thanks! Yes it does. I was wondering about the back stripe, inlay makes a lot of sense there.

Holly COW! Those are beautiful!!! Absolutely love what you chose for the woods. And the holes in the bowls to hold the chopsticks is very clever. Never have seen that before.

Does flame box elder retain it's color or does it change over time? I have never worked with it.

Fantastic! Those are very elegant and bicolored chopsticks are great. I would have never thought of drilling holes in the bowls, but I gotta admit it works really well.

Holly COW! Those are beautiful!!! Absolutely love what you chose for the woods. And the holes in the bowls to hold the chopsticks is very clever. Never have seen that before.

Does flame box elder retain it's color or does it change over time? I have never worked with it.
Paul this is the first time turning FBE myself. From what I understand it will change over time. Keeping it out of direct sun is said to help.. As far as the holes, I went to google search and looked up rice bowls, and chop sticks, and that's where I saw a few bowls with the holes.