Snow Sorbet

Ryan Mooney

Staff member
When life gives you snow...

I got the idea from a friends facebook post linking to here: http://family.go.com/food/recipe-852461-snow-cream-t/

Did some small alterations, and used fresh blender made cashew milk instead of half and half, and added 1/4C of bourbon and used some honey for part of the sugar. Topped with a drizzle of maple syrup and some walnuts. Pretty good.

The basic idea seems fairly foolproof. Take some amount of milk like product (cool is probably good) sweeten and flavor to taste and wisk in fresh snow until it gets kinda chunky. Freeze for 30m or so and enjoy.

Avoid the yellow spots when selecting the snow. :whistling:

Well we're at a bit north of a foot here now. I just got done shoveling the driveway into some 4' tall berms about two hours ago and it started getting serious right after that so we're another ~2" in since then. The dogs are displeased. Supposed to hit the high 30's on monday so I expect it won't last long past that.

My grand daughter and I tested out your recipe after school today.

Can you guess what the results were :rofl:

:D :thumb:

One thing I might add is that it doesn't seem to keep super well. It might if you ran it through an ice cream maker while it got really frozen, but just hand whipping it and then freezing it overnight it ended up fairly rock like. This means that you have to eat it all in one sitting of course :rofl: