16 pane church window

Sayer Fancher

I just finished building this 16 pane window for a historic stone church. The old window was completely rotten as you can see. This is my first attempt at posting pictures so bear with me.IMG_0162.jpgIMG_0165.jpg

Hi Larry, yes its got a rabbet on the other side. The picture shows the inside of the window. I was able to save 12 of the old, bubble glass to reuse, now need to find 4 more. I have about 8 hours so far, just need to do the glazing to finish it up.

Bill, I dont have any other pics, this is the first time I attempted posting pictures so I didnt take many. I used 5/4 wood and trimed the inside with stop moldings. This way it gave me the decorative edge inside and the seat for the glass on the other. They wanted it replicated just as it was made. A lot of cutting but it does look good.

The toy is a 1930 Ford pick up. Early 60th birthday present. The wood is just standard 5/4 boards, nothing special. Keep them primed and painted and theres no problems. I have made over 40 so far but nothing like this and there holding up great. I have been very lucky to get hooked up with a few historical locations and they keep me busy! Wifeys car gets left outside a lot..