Different projects

How could anything you said offend me? I really have no idea how it was done or if it had a structural importance or was just for looks. So just cut square holes and fill it will what? A different kind of wood or pre-stained wood to get the darker effect?

the square areas could be filled with another wood and they would be cut in production by a CNC probably. for home shop it could be done with a trim router and then a resawn piece of wood, or some veneer, placed in the recess.. look up inlaying wood and you can get a better idea.

Just an idea for you, I intend to build a buck wagon for the yard to plant flowers in. But if you wanted multiple flower boxes that can be moved why not a train? Of course that might not work if you want the flower boxes in different spots and not all together.

I take that idea back, I drew it out and to get enough detail in it to make look good it would end up being too large for most yards. Less detail and it just looks stupid. So pretend I didn't say that.

Impressive stuff here Pam. I agree with the others who've said youll have no trouble at all building cabinets.

Just make sure you talk to a few cabinet makers about some of the tricks that can make your life easier. Like undersizing your cabinet bank and using scribes against walls and in corners to make up the difference. Also leveling toe-kicks before setting the boxes, etc etc. Apologies if my California terminology is different than what your familiar with ;-) i just know how i was taught.

Im no expert but have built and installed a few cabs in high-end homes and picked up some real life-saving tips from the guys who taught me.

That beautiful table... is that doug fir 2x6? And if so how did u stain/finish? It looks fanastic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

No, it's just pine 2 x 6's. It's stained with Miniwax provincial wood stain. I was trying to match the color of the china cabinet behind it. And thanks.