Carpenter's Toolboxes

Man, there sure must be a lot of dunno trees growing around Hobbs, but the wood seems to be pretty. ;) Nice job on the boxes. I wish I knew what to tell you about the chipout you had on the box joints. I've done them with some pretty brittle wood, but when I used the backer board (as you did) it handled the problem for me.

Matt

Nice work, you are really lucky, access to a big shop and time to do stuff like that!

Thanks for the post.

Jay

Beautiful work Matt. :thumb:
I agree, I would be afraid to take them to work. :eek:
One day I plan to make a bunch of small boxes. Best way I can think of to pratice those finger joints. ;)

DT

Nice job Matt. I am sure that any carpenter would be happy to have one of those boxes.

I like the term "dunnowood" :thumb: and expect that I will use that term in the future. I certainly have some of it in my wood rack.

Yowzer, those are really nice! Wouldn't mind procrasto...err, making one myself.:thumb:

Very nice work. I like those alot.

You might try running a kife or cutting type of marking guage across the grain at the bottom of the joint before cutting on the jig. This will help to control the chip out.

great lookig boxes

those look fantastic, even for dunnowood. i too may abscond that term.

thanks for sharing.

peace,
bmg

VERY nice Matt!! :thumb:

Dunno wood is a term used by a lot of turners, as we pick up wood from the side of the road, burn piles.............. anywhere really, that we have no idea what it is, so we call it "Dunno Wood" :rolleyes:

Dave's suggestion about the marking gauge is right on.......

display_stand.jpg
... a pic of a display stand set of boxes and a bowl that I made for a design contest over at TWW.

It worked well.

NICE tool boxes!:wave: