I do not understand

I don't understand why women complain about housecleaning.

Heck there is nothing to it!

Enjoy,
JimB

Attachments

• IMG_2749.jpg
    IMG_2749.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2745.jpg
    IMG_2745.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2746.jpg
    IMG_2746.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2747.jpg
    IMG_2747.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2748.jpg
    IMG_2748.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2739.jpg
    IMG_2739.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2740.jpg
    IMG_2740.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2741.jpg
    IMG_2741.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2742.jpg
    IMG_2742.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2744.jpg
    IMG_2744.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Jim, I have debated with myself saying this all night. So here is my first thought when I saw your pictures. Ever see the kicker at a football game along the sidelines warming up? Got that image of a person making high, hard, specific kicks in your mind? My very first thought was of Myrna "warming up" her kicking leg and when you get to heaven she'll give you the "kick" for her house being published that way!
Myself personally, if I were living alone, I would make those hoarders on tv look immaculate I am sure.
If you are happy, no one else need worry about it. Have as great a day as you can Jim.

It looks like a bomb went off in a thrift store :rofl:. I have to say that I have seen it much better but, I have never seen it worse :).

Last edited:
Geez, if Jim were to spend all that time picking up, he wouldn't have time for woodworking. Seems like an easy choice to me. Go Jim! :thumb:

I can relate, Jim. My apartment looks somewhat similar. On the plus side, my apartment is a lot smaller than your house, so when I DO decide to pick up around the place, it doesn't take me too long to make it look halfway presentable. (Although my apartment has a bad case of the "10 pounds of stuff in a 5-pound box" syndrome.)

I'm back in LA for a couple of weeks and see that my wife has been doing much the same in parts of the house (including my shop, which has become the catch-all space for things she doesn't know where to put). Without the ol' Ball and Chain around, she's able to put things wherever she wants.

:rofl: I live in a glass house.

My bill management strategy used to be that I'd start dropping mail by the door, when it got to the couch it was time to scrape them up and work through everything that had accumulated. It was not a good strategy. The boss now handles most of that.

I would say that those are typical examples of the "flat surface syndrome" :D

That reminds me of my rock and roll days. I had the requisite stack of keyboards, Hammond B-3, Fender Rhodes, Synthesizers, etc. Except for the organ (which is beast), I had them all ramped towards me at about 10 degrees to keep people from setting stuff on them :thumb:. If we tried this with the flat surfaces in dad's house, you wouldn't be able to cross the room since the floor would be full :D:D:D. I should talk. There are times that the only way I know I even have a kitchen table is that "all that stuff can't float".

Now when you guys post all your beautiful works of art, furniture, etc. it's so easy to slap each other on the back and ogle over how beautiful it is. And I'll down with that as I appreciate it too :thumb:...but you have to know that the housekeeper of the family is further, critically, picking the item apart to identify each nook and cranny that will require extra work to dust :doh:

What otherwise looks like a beautiful craftsman piece of furniture to most, there is someone else counting how many slots between each slat that will have to have a dust rag, wrapped around their finger, go between each one to clean :rofl::rofl::rofl: