Arrow of Light for a good Cause.

Rob Damon

I have been really busy with work and taking care of In-laws (92 years old) but had a chance to stop and do a quick simple project for the neighbor.

The neighbor is a cub scout leader and his son and four others will be given their Arrow of light in a ceremony next month. The neighbor had mentioned they just normally use a dowel, put some feathers/arrow on it for the ceremony and that is it.

So I did some research and found a rough pattern of what an AOL was suppose to look like and went to work without telling him. Once I was half way through I called him over and told him that I needed what colors needed to be painted on the arrow at which he was speechless. He ended up volunteering to paint the color rings.

I started with the rough bitmapped of the arrow and imported into AutoCAD and cleaned it up.

All of the red oak was milled from rough stock I had. The arrow was milled from rough stock. I put on all the flights and the nock. After I finished the plaques I made five more arrows for the burning ceremony.

I hope the kids enjoy it as much as I did in making them.
(I blanked out the kids names on the nameplates which is why there is a rough spot on them.)
Rob

IMG04984.jpgIMG04988.jpgIMG04991.jpgIMG04996.jpg

Thanks all.

Larry, The wider lines represent the different levels in cub scouts (Tiger/Bobcat/Wolf/Bear), the smaller ones (silver/gold) represent the achievement badges they get. The purple is a religious award.

Thanks all.

Larry, The wider lines represent the different levels in cub scouts (Tiger/Bobcat/Wolf/Bear), the smaller ones (silver/gold) represent the achievement badges they get. The purple is a religious award.

they must have added some new ones since i was in it,, there was only three then

Very cool Rob also shows the difference between the way different countries implement Scouts. Its the first time i come across this in the Scouts. Boys will really love those. :thumbup:

sent from s4

I don't remember that many levels either when I was in cup scouts back in the early 1960's.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I tried to keep them simple just in case it becomes a annual tradition.