Indianapolis

Frank Fusco

I have a friend who recently moved into her home in Indianapolis. She is in need of a contractor/repairman to do some fix-it but doesn't know who to call. Of course her concerns are ability and trustworthiness. Andbody here have advice or suggestions?

I have friends outside of Indianapolis proper. I know there are woodworking clubs around and lumber and sheet goods suppliers. Have her check out the bulletin boards there for leads and then follow up on references. Often clubs meet at those places and that is another source for leads. I think you have to 'join' Angie's list and folks can buy their way in. Hardly an objective approach. Sorry for the pessimism.

I'm sure she is aware of Angie's list. Like me she is not completely comfortable with it. Be coincedence, last night on the news, problems with winter conditions in Indy were shown. Due to snow, thaw, freeze, more snow, etc. There is considerable back up of ice and snow on roofs leading to water seeping into walls and ceilings. That is exactly her problem. I suspect when things really thaw that workmen will be back up with requests for repairs.

yeah frank i can relate to that problem parents have it and do now as well in one spot.. this winter has been a douszy compared to what we are accustomed to having. no thaws to keep it down just more of it...