An incredible piece of olympic news explained in a very different way

Rob Keeble

For those interesting in the Olympics, and that dont follow the cross country skiing this will introduced you to a story you may have missed.

For those of you not interested in the Olympics this will lead you to a story you dont want to miss which has a very human element to it.

Either way dont get put off by the title . :)

For me cross country skiing caught my attention at the Olympics in Vancouver. I felt at the time and still do that its one of the most grueling sports there is. Especially when you see the skiers over a whole course come in so close together after such a distance across a cross country course.

Well i am pretty sure the names Justin Wadworth and Anton Gafarov will go down in the history books after the events that unfolded when Gafarov broke his one ski in a trial round.
Its what happened after that is the real story and if you know of the story and it moved you this explanation may help you understand why.

I have wondered for years why these events move us a humans in most cases to shed a tear or two. This article on NBC puts it all into perspective. Its titled Sochi A Lesson in Crying.

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/12/after-cross-country-crash-in-sochi-a-lesson-in-crying/

The actions of a guy like Wadsworth go some ways to restore faith i have lost in humanity, I just wish the nationality aspect could be left out of these stories at the end of the day we all on the same planet and part of the same species. Someday maybe someday my hope is we can all co operate together like these two did without the man made barriers we have created that put us at odds with each other.

I thought it fitted with the ethos of our forum.