puter troubles i think

larry merlau

i was trying to listen to pandora today and it kept cutting in out like it was only getting part of the signal. did anyone else have that trouble with it or is there something i have going wrong with the puter, guys?

How's everything else working? Did you try it on another computer?

Generally, buffering will start and stop. If it's buffering real close to the bit rate, it may sound like its stuttering.

If it's in your shop, maybe you just werent' getting a very good amount of bandwidth today.

Very hard to say

yea its was in the shop brent but i am hard wired to it. now how do i fix buffering? everything out seems to be running a bit slow. last night i had eset go threw and run a scan to see if there was something going on

Larry i find this issue with my local Internet Service Provider. They seem to have issues with the cable repeaters some times and others all i have to do is reboot the home router. So you might want to go inside remove power and let router die then reconnect power. Its amazing what a refresh will do.
Something else i did but its a bit more tricky is to set the router DNS address so it looks to the google public dns for its direction not the local isp. But for this you need to be able to log into your router. for that u need the username and password from your isp unless u have already got it. I insist on having it and change all sorts inside it for my needs. They dont like me. :)
Tough its my $$.

sent from s4

Not much you can do about the buffering. Doesn't hurt to reset the router from time to time, but in general, could just have been troubles at the ISP.

If your computer is running slow - perhaps too many programs active, or a long time since the last boot-up - it will interfere with speed-sensitive material (i.e. music).

Cable modem people don't advertise that they provide a certain amount of speed that is shared in a neighborhood. Our internet service becomes distinctly slower when it starts to rain on a weekend, and all the golfers come home and look for something to do (surf the net)

its better today, after i did a malware check and ran a reboot.. i do have the pw and for the router i believe rob.. been awhile since i needed to use it sometimes the dsl just looses its location and i have to restart it as well.. but at least today i get all the song:)