The shop is closed.

Jim Burr

emavy6e3.jpg
e9a8e9u5.jpg

Finished sanding this last night...took longer than planned since I could hear Vaughn saying "Dude...did your sandpaper break?"
14" diameter out of ash and green marble insert...that I have to change because it was requested in white!! Oops! Only one cracker ring and no cheese tools. 8 coats of Formbys tung oil finish and knocked down with 0000 steel wool. Thanks for looking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Very nice! I'd like to make one sometime. Just too many "I'd like to make items"! I'm going to have to live to 120 to get it all do and as old as I am now that is still going to be pushing it!:eek:

Those are just cheeezzzy! I mean that in a good way...they look great, love the shape on the second one a lot. ;)

That's the bottom Darren...my bad, I should have mentioned that :eek:. I showed it because I've gotten more "ornamental" with the bases in the last few. I always leave a 3/4" gap between the bottom of the outer lip and the table top to making it easier to pick up. On this one...it has a distinct "Flying Saucer" shape...the outer rim is sloped down. I wanted to torch the edge and texture it...ran out of time :( Oh...the weird looking spots are big!!! worm or bug holes...no worms or bugs were hurt in the making of this platter.

That's the bottom Darren...my bad, I should have mentioned that :eek:. I showed it because I've gotten more "ornamental" with the bases in the last few. I always leave a 3/4" gap between the bottom of the outer lip and the table top to making it easier to pick up. On this one...it has a distinct "Flying Saucer" shape...the outer rim is sloped down. I wanted to torch the edge and texture it...ran out of time :( Oh...the weird looking spots are big!!! worm or bug holes...no worms or bugs were hurt in the making of this platter.

ah, so the top is the bottom and the bottom is the top...right? :thumb: :D

Ha! That sandpaper line is gonna haunt you for the rest of your days. I have left my mark on your subconscious. My work is done here. :rofl:

Nice job on the platter, bud. :thumb:

emavy6e3.jpg
e9a8e9u5.jpg

Finished sanding this last night...took longer than planned since I could hear Vaughn saying "Dude...did your sandpaper break?"
14" diameter out of ash and green marble insert...that I have to change because it was requested in white!! Oops! Only one cracker ring and no cheese tools. 8 coats of Formbys tung oil finish and knocked down with 0000 steel wool. Thanks for looking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I don't see any picture. Well maybe this.

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608047492334420945&w=200&h=188&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Looks good and I just found a new line for some of the turners I run across at shows. Dude did your sandpaper break .:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl: