Can I make a suggestion?

reminds me of the scene from the movie 'lincoln', where he tells the story of the preacher who gave rather long sermons. when asked why, the preacher in question said that he could write shorter sermons, but once he got started, he found that he was too lazy to stop.

We had a longwinded elderly priest when I was a young'n. Never knew which priest was saying which mass until you got there. At the end of the mass the priest said, "go, the mass is ended." The reply from the people was "praise be to God." I never heard it sound more sincere than when the old priest had been especially long winded!

Hu

Allen, just got up from a nap. It is cold, they are saying another snow storm this weekend 6-10 inches possible. Load of hay coming in Friday night. Would love to sit there on the one beside you and shoot the breeze!

these seats were in the mall overlooking the atlantic ocean in altlantic city. we were walking around, just loaded up on some carbs at the food court, salad and sandwich, and from looking out at the beach below, one would never know its the snowiest winter on record, not a hint of snow.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 17
I generally will not read long posts. I may skim them to get the gist of it but most often if the title is not related to any of my interests I ignore them. If they are about woodworking or something humorous I'll probably read them. I like a good laugh during the day and Lord knows I need all the woodworking tips I can get.

My personal policy was to try and respond, even if it was only a "well done", (I understand what you are saying Jon but I just think it's polite) to most posts. I feel that if the person writing it took the time to do it the least I could do was to respond in kind. I know how disheartening it is to post a picture of something you're proud of and only get several responses. I find it incredibly annoying to see folks that post their own projects but never ever respond to others posts about their own projects. I guess it's just they way I was brought up.:dunno:

I am really interested in learning about members history and their struggles to improve their life and woodworking skills but super long posts that preach about subjects that have been brought up many times in the past don't get read by me. But if they help someone else that's great.