Ya'll like Loon's ?

Dave,

You are one amazing artist.

Man - I feel a little tiny breeze, and it is crisp clean sweet to breathe in. As I am walking up to that loon and it begins to swim away - I can hear the water gurgling behind him.

How do you get the water actually LOOK like water. Man I can even HEAR it. WOW.

Dave this one needs to be at the center of the upcoming show. I think its the best of all so far.
Dont know what you gonna do next to top this one.
Especially when you consider the subject matter. Way more universal appeal that will cross many peoples tastes.
I would love to be able to see the world the way you do.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Wow, looks like a snapshot. I agree, the water looks so very realistic too.

If your selling and not just showing, I hope you get a bundle for it. Talent like that is a gift from God.

Thanks everyone for your comments ,
I took off early excited to get a good 5 hrs in on this. It's when I start thinking about painting around lunch and can get away from the shop early to paint I get excited.
Anyway This part is interesting, water reflections have always been a favorite subject of mine. BTW yesterday I bought the Gallexy 5 phone so the pic's will be a bit sharper.

Hi Dave.

There are other ways to get exposure, you could also work as illustrator for nature books editors or collectible scientific books that do not use photographs, or maybe offering creating a calendar for 2015 to some company related with hunting, nature, bird watching or other.

As per the depression, don't desperate It will pass.

Dave, I don't know whether you've already given thought to Toni's suggestion, but boy oh boy wouldn't that be a great way to show your talents off to the world! I would love to have a calender with your art on it.

Got to be frank with ya, I worked as an illustrator in the army , started college in illustration, found fine arts. I do what I do because I love it. I share so others may enjoy the process and finish as much as I do. I could have had it all as an artist long time ago but turned down Mac Chagal to apprentice for him. I just wanted to do my own works and still do. Someday soon I'll get to marketing as soon as Rob gets busy for me lol. Joke Rob. :)

Dave,
You could always send some sample art to the Robertsons - Duck Dynasty. They might be interested in sponsoring you, or even selling your lithos. Just a thought...

Agree the water really sells this one, and yep the new camera does take a crisper shot! :thumb:

That bow wake on the left is what really sells me, its really just right! The close up shot

I also really like the wings and the set of the head, I remember watching loons land on lakes up in the mountains as a kid when riding on cattle and while I certainly never got THIS close to one, that looks just about spot on.

Ya know I enjoy taking you'all through the process as much as I like painting. It helps me to get a grasp of what I am doing. Each sit is like starting over, worming up to the painting and getting fresh eyes on it. Deciding where to go next, detail or start a new area.
Thanks Again.

Yeppers, the pics are definitely sharper now. I started to wipe the water off my monitor, then I realized it was a painting. :D

I cannot believe the Ducks Unlimited people have not already been at you for this picture to make it the center piece of a fundraising exercise. Are you going to make prints of this one Dave? I have my breath taken away each time i see it progress. Man you have a gift from above for sure. :thumb: