Ya'll like Loon's ?

Absolutely incredible, Dave. The water and reflection look too real to have been painted! Actually the whole picture is much prettier than a photograph would be. I predict you will be world famous and I am not exaggerating.

Paul Thanks, if that's in the cards but I do it because I'm a bit crazy about painting. I still don't think of myself as a good artist and it's hard for me to realize that I can do this.

From someone who can't even draw a stick figure, all I can say is unfreeking believable.
That special moment in the animals action, in all of your paintings is like being there and seeing it close up the moment it happens.
You have quite a talent my friend :bow::clap:

Hey Dave, I counted the spots on the wings in the original photo. I think you missed one. :D

Stunning work, my friend. :clap:

yeah vaughn i thought that there was one to many ripples on the top side of the frnt wave compared to the bottom side but i wasnt going to say anything.. another great one dave:)

I am awestruck at the artistic talent that some people have.

I love art and I have worked so hard to do even the basic things - and I fail.

Dave - your painting has heart and feeling into it. The photographer can capture nature through a lense.

You do both - you capture the nature - and additionally - you put feeling and heart into it.

The LOON - is beautiful - I can hear him singing.

Leo said it beautifully and truthfully. Your paintings are loaded with beauty and emotion.

You are the "tops."

Enjoy,
JimB

Dave I haven't said anything but depression runs in my family. My mother had electric shock treatments back in the 50's. So I understand where you are coming from and feel for you. The amazing thing about this is you are so talented many of us would love to have your abilities. I love watching you paintings develop and by watching can see what I am missing. I can't see the whole picture from the tidbits at the start. I hope the summer is helping with your excitement for life. That loon is as amazing as every other piece yo do.

Garry

Thanks Garry. It's times when I absolutely have nothing to do or planned out that gets me down. I think that's why I do so many thing. Not that I'm gifted but I want what I do to be appreciated so dealing with the learning curve with each indever it what excites me then I get board and move on. Painting , the art work has been a lasting interist I keep falling back on. As long as I have that I'm good to go but I still deal with issue's in art.

I spent a few hours last night working the back ground and decided I want more drama, so I did something I hope I can work out. I have the idea in mind but now to figure the right path to walk on this. Artist seem to only want to post their accomplishments and not their failures, I don't know it this will be a failure but I thought this would be a good look at what I do ..... a lot to myslef LOL

Coming to a close on this I did not like how light the back ground was so I darkened it up with reflects the dark evergreens reflections on a lake in Canada where I watched these birds every day while fishing. I need to add light reflecting a bit to this and hopefully be finished. I beginning to get a reflection idea for the back ground. Maybe a line of rock tones in the lighter half.

Dave, since you obviously have the best eye for artistic detail that reflects an appreciation of the beauty of nature's birds & animals, you should go with your interpretations. You are the extraordinary artist, we are the appreciative viewers.