OK, Here's a Recent Sample

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Paul Douglass asked me in this thread to post a video of me playing one of my new guitars. Although I didn't get anything recorded with either of the new toys, my sister did shoot this video of the last half of a Pink Floyd song. (This one is my favorite song to play every gig. Jeff and I were playing this song 6 nights a week on the bar band circuit when it was new...over 30 years ago.) This was recorded with my phone, so the audio quality leaves a lot to be desired, but maybe the poor sound will help to cover some of my mistakes. :eek: So here you go Paul...warts and all...

http://youtu.be/S-iUXijwM98

I don't know if you've noticed but, your chops have really smoothed out since the time when you first started gigging again. You always sounded good but now seem more relaxed (or maybe just comfortably numb) :D. Sweet tone, smooth moves, diggin' it :thumb:

Thanks guys. There's still lots of room for improvement.

I don't know if you've noticed but, your chops have really smoothed out since the time when you first started gigging again...

I've noticed it bigtime. This night was my first night back playing after a two week hiatus, so it was a bit sticky in spots, but overall, I'm playing a lot smoother than I did when I first started getting back into it. The next few months will be good for my chops. We've already got anywhere from one to three gigs per week booked from now until July. Gonna be a busy spring. :D

Nice job! Is your microphone plugged in?

Yeah, it's plugged in. You just can't see the cable due to the way it's wrapped around the boom. We had to angle the mic a bit weird on this stage because I have a PA speaker right behind my head, and if I pointed the mic at me it was causing feedback issues. I'm still very impressed to see how directional these Electro Voice mics are compared to the Shure SM58s we used back in the old days. Even though it's only a few feet from a hot PA speaker, just tilting it a few degrees kills the feedback.