Had to laugh...

Whats so funny about this?:huh:

Actually I am just making a point here. As a woodworker I understand why people would laugh at this, but the truth is we have a nice 3hp delta at work that only cuts cardboard and the occassional hardboard. It does so because we use a lot of templates to make boats (darn compound curves).

Surprisingly, we have another machine that works great for cutting plywood. Its a shear designed to cut 1/2 inch stainless steel plate. The thing has a gillotine that comes down and with cut plywood just as well as steel plate. If I had a carpentry business or a cabinet shop I would have one of these machines. Pad the hold downs, and you could shear out a whole set of cabinets by the time you made one cut with a tablesaw, not to mention manuevering sheets around on a tablesaw and having to hold it tight against the fence is a pain.

Of course I say this without having a business, and without having to come up with the payment for one of these beastly machines.

I see plywood shears in the LARGE cabinet shops here in Japan all the time, they are fast and cut well, but EXPENSIVE.

Used ones in decent condition for for $10,000 plus :eek:

Cheers!

I see plywood shears in the LARGE cabinet shops here in Japan all the time, they are fast and cut well, but EXPENSIVE.

Used ones in decent condition for for $10,000 plus :eek:

Cheers!

One thing about those machines is that they would sure cut down on the amount of "Sawdust" they would have to collect and dispose of. Heck, over time that might even PAY for one of those machines.:D