Pics of one of our latest kitchens.

Jim Hager

Seldom do I share pics here but since I've been chiming in a bit more lately I thought I'd best throw out something of interest instead of just giving my opinions. Here is a kitchen built for a single lady late 50's, art teacher, wanted simple, understated design and obviously all white except for the caramel island. It's all made out of paint grade maple, UV coated birch plywood interiors, ball bearing full extension guides, KV brand 20" susan in the upper corner cabinet, 28" KV kidney susan in base corner. Finish is ML Campbell Magna Max over their Magna Claw primer. We went back this week to fix some damage done by the ctop guys. They got some epoxy on a drawer front.

m_DSCN0642.JPGm_DSCN0643.JPGm_DSCN0644.JPGm_DSCN0646.JPGm_DSCN0649.JPGm_DSCN0650.JPGm_DSCN0652.JPGm_DSCN0654.JPGm_DSCN0660.JPG

Beautiful work!

Are you still building doors for other contractors? You know the story - Good, Fast, Cheap - pick two. I have used you as an example of "but if you have all three, you have a business that nobody can challenge!" You shared your prices, workmanship, and productivity before the move. I hope you still have that!

Beautiful work!

Are you still building doors for other contractors? You know the story - Good, Fast, Cheap - pick two. I have used you as an example of "but if you have all three, you have a business that nobody can challenge!" You shared your prices, workmanship, and productivity before the move. I hope you still have that!

Not currently building custom doors Charlie except for our own projects. Most contractors around here do not build their own kitchen boxes in the house on site. I've sold 1 set of doors in the last year and that was only 11 for a remodel of an entertainment room. We've been as busy as we want to be, mostly learning to compete in our new location with $ is the greatest challenge. Our workmanship is above par, we just need to get more well known and get our pricing in line with the majority with out leaving anything on the table.. I currently have 3 contractors hooked up with us and looking for probably 2-3 more before I say that's enough. By we I mean me and my son, we don't want anyone else hanging around taking up oxygen except for my grandkids when they get old enough. I've had people working for me before and right now the plan is no more of that.

Beautiful work Jim and glad to squeezed in some time to share it with us. It reminds me that one of the wife's honeydo list items is to convert the cabinet lowers on our cheap kitchen cabs to drawers. "We" are getting too old to crawl around on the floor trying to get to the back of the cabinets:)

nice work jim, sure is a differnt idea to have the island a differnt color? but hey thats what she wanted.. do you instal them as well or the contractors do that?

nice work jim, sure is a differnt idea to have the island a differnt color? but hey thats what she wanted.. do you instal them as well or the contractors do that?

We do the install too Larry, this one took a day to put in. All is finished in the shop with hardware already installed. We carry em in, hook em up and go home.