Remember the jointer in the stop motion lawn chair video

Carol thats exactly what i was thinking. Its 12" and after watching the video of the Frank Howarth and how he refurbed his jointer, those beds are amazing in the way they adjust. Wish i had space and a shop right now.
Here is his refurb video
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l55YFRHBGx4

Matt Hutch where are u its not too far from Grand Rapids.

sent from s4

Last edited:
What sort of deal it is would depend on whether it has Babbitt-metal bearings, and if so, how worn they are. New ones can be poured and lapped in place, but it's not a casual undertaking.

If it's already been converted to ball or roller bearings, then it'd be a much better deal.

Wow Jim you expect a lot:) have you watched the refurb video. He put roller bearing in so he could put a shelix head on it.

Yeah, Rob, but he mentioned that the original bearings were Babbitt, and apparently somebody before him had converted to ball bearings. That job wouldn't have been as easy as just dropping in new bearings. For you or me to start a bearing conversion from scratch would be a lot of head scratching, and some heavy, messy, time consuming work.

Also, I'm not sure that's the same jointer as in the video. The motor mount is different, and the fence looks a bit different, too. Seller doesn't say what head is in it now. If it's the original square one, it's be a really scary one to use.

Sure, the price is good, and unless something is warped or broken, it's a very good price - but there's still the possibility that a lot of refurb work will need done.

its tempting if i didnt have a good 8" already and wasnt booked for the next 3 weeks.. and like jim said in converting the heads thats another 800 for the head if you can get one..