Progress of an equipment discussion...

Roger Tulk

SHOULD I GET THE XYZ OR THE ZYX ROS?

I need some help deciding this, so I thought I'd throw it out to you fellas...

DECIDED ON THE ZYX ROS!!

Thanks for all the input guys, in spite of the fact that most of you liked the XYZ...

ORDERED THE ABC ROS!!!

Well, they're very similar, and the price point of the ABC product...

ABC ROS SHIPPED!!!

They sent me the FedEx tracking number...

ABC ROS ARRIVED!!

It's at my local airport, should be delivered by...

%$#@%# ROS ARRIVED BROKEN!!

It didn't even have bubble wrap! What do those idiots...

ARRANGED TO RETURN ABC ROS

I spent all day on the phone...

ROS PICKED UP BY FEDEX

They promised me overnight shipping...

ABC CAN'T FIND MY ROS!

FedEx says it arrived, but...

PROBLEMS WITH ABC

They say it looks like the ROS has been abused, and it's not their fault! I finally told them to go to heck, and send me the money. They're doing it, but they want a 50% restocking charge...

ORDERED ZYX ROS!

OK, I give up! I decided to eat the $125 restocking fee, and do what I should have done...

ZYX ROS SHIPPED!

They sent me the UPS tracking no...

ZYX ROS ARRIVES!!!!!

Boy, is it ever nice to hold this in my hand. As soon as I get time to use it, I'll give you a report.

FINALLY, FIRST USE ZYX ROS!!!

Well, it's everything I dreamed it would be! Well, not quite everything, I'm wondering if I should have gone with your advice...

It would have been much more fun to know who ABC, XYZ, and ZYX were!

If the 50% restocking fee is $125 on a ROS, then ABC is probably a Festool dealer. But which one?

It would have been much more fun to know who ABC, XYZ, and ZYX were!

If the 50% restocking fee is $125 on a ROS, then ABC is probably a Festool dealer. But which one?

Festool is so well packaged, it would not require bubble wrapping. I agree, it would be better to to know who ABC, XYZ and ZYX were and who you bought it from. Especially the last as warning to avoid that dealer.

Love it! Spot on, too. Roger, I think these guys are taking this as an actual story and not as an allegory for a whole lot of the "What [fill in the blank] should I buy?" threads around here. :D