ooops, I did it again.(Im an dummy)

allen levine

not paying attention to my aching knee and having my back acting up, I pushed forward yesterday spending the day routing the wine rack Im currently working on.
I had to go slowly and accurately, routing lines in the side to simulate piano keys, it was tedious work. Bent over it all day.
Last night, my back was so bad.
Today, well, seems woodworking is killing me slowly.
Im getting my infusions this week, starting in a few hours, so Ill be down anyway, but my stupid determination to move a project along h as nearly crippled me.

Not looking for empathy or sympathy, just saying the things I do to complete a project are moronic.

I knew I never should have been working yesterday, my back was as stiff as could be, the pain down my leg.

today, I cant move, pain is what most here probably experiences at least once in their lives, that knife in the buttock region pain with more pain shooting down the leg. Ive really done myself in this time, and I should know better, had 2 back surgeries.

But just a little more, one step closer to finishing a project, that was the only thing on my mind.

I had one of the greatest weekends just pass, all my family here, wedding, birthday dinners, we all had a blast, especially me.

Its almost as if I have to pay for the great time I had, even though my pain and this past weekend aren't related.

now, my only concerns, I want to be 100% march 29th so I can drive up to the woodworking show, nothing else seems important to me right now besides healing a bit. twisted thinking. woodworking is killing me.

ofcourse, after Thursday, when Im done with infusion, the warm weather will start to try to convince me to get back out there.

Sorry for the hurts, Allen. I have a few bad discs and a sometimes tender (understatement) back. My latest doc suggested planks as a core strengthening exercise would help out. I gave him my best 'over seventy' evil eye, but he didn't wither like most of those young punks, so I tried it out and it is working for me. Presently doing elbow planks and am at the 45 second mark. Ask your doc if they would help. Can't hurt anymore than you already are. :)
http://www.mensfitness.com/weight-l...-to-do-a-plank-a-single-move-for-stronger-abs

I feel your pain Allen.

I also know my limits but push them all the time. Mid morning my back feels pretty good so off to the shop all day then spend the evening in pain. Like you, I probably won't stop.

I can deal with the lower back pain it's the pain from the hip down my left leg that immobilizes me.

I'm due for another spinal cord injection in the next few months. Hopefully it will last until your summer shindig is over ;)

Hope you recover quickly. The pain I get, caused by the workshop, is not enough physical exercise. Than a nice day comes and I go out and do something physical and stiffness and soreness follow. So I go back in the workshop to recover!

We have a young guy working at work as a contractor. Ex-military seen all the recent crap. he hurt is back in the sandbox and now deals with lower back pain. Guy is probably late 20's. Anyway, the VA down here is trying an electric shock thing. They kill the nerves in the area. He has very little pain now and the nerves grow back in about 10 years. His docs are saying this is a new type of treatment, they are waiting on better back surgery technology to catch up so they can do it better. So they do this temp fix. Might not be available to general public yet, but at least it is out there.

Sorry about your all's bad back's, MIL just had back surgery for same reason.

Bummer, Allen. We're all gonna miss you tonight at Limbo Dancing Class. :(

Heal up quickly, buddy. You've probably already told yourself this, but just in case you haven't, try to remember that no woodworking project is worth being in intense pain.

I think it was the little dancing I did at the wedding Friday night triggered it all.
Im not used to wearing dress shoes. they are comfy enough, but standing in them all night, I guess my back decided to pay me back.