2nd pic of Five Talents

Wait a minute! I thought you said your were buying a piece of "dirt"! I expected to see something out in the desert with Yucca trees on it. That is mighty pretty and peaceful looking.

That barren wasteland is what you're buying? :eek: I thought you were looking at someplace nice. :rofl:

Looks gorgeous, Carol. :thumb:

Carol, you've been holding out on us. I was expecting dirt, as in real dirt, not a lush lawn with bordering trees & flowers. Looks like you found your piece of heaven.

The house and stuff in the background belong to the neighbor.

That is not grass. That is something called sow weed. Only grows when it is wet enough. But there is REAL dirt under it. :rofl:

@Leo: Snow? Wash your mouth out the soap! That is a four lettered word! Verboten!

I'll post another shot from another angle later. :)

Yeppers. Heaven. :cool:

Funny, when you said some "Dirt" and it's in California I too thought something that was less green and more dusty.

I also, for some reason, thought you would be more rural, as in less neighbours, dunno why exactly but I did.

Do is this a piece of land with no structures on it?

Does it have sewer, water and power?

What's the plan, park the fleet and.....?

Fingers crossed on the escrow! :thumb:

No structures or utilities. Starting from scratch. First I need utilities. Water will take from 3-6 months. Hopefully power sooner. Sewer is a septic that must be installed. Meanwhile, some of the fleet will be parked there.

California dirt is pricey, so this is not very big which is exactly what I wanted. I cannot nor do I want to keep up a larger piece of dirt. BTDT. By city standards this is considered rural. Not the lot but the neighborhood. And I am not within a city limits. One less governmental entity to deal with.

Last edited:
No structures or utilities. Starting from scratch. First I need utilities. Water will take from 3-6 months. Hopefully power sooner. Sewer is a septic that must be installed.

Small lot and septic system. Carol, you do realize that the two do not play well together? I hope you have done your due diligence on this subject. There are setbacks for septic systems (and reserve) that may cause some problems. I would consult with a septic designer as soon as possible to see if you have any unworkable problems. I know from personal experience how much of a problem this can be. Septic systems are generally controlled by the county's health or environmental department. If you think the county planning department is hard to deal with, you should experience dealing with the health department. I have learned before buying any land, that the big three to investigate are septic, water & power, in that order.

Neighbors? Gee, that means you will have to build occasional bribes in the workshop. It doesn't take much - one year I built 6 sided wood holders for cheap poinsettia plants - and several years later was surprised to discover they were still prized.

Of course neighbors who have been bribed may become free watchmen when you are on assignment.