Source for Light duty narrow brass plated hinges

Rob Keeble

Hi All

I am on the hunt for a supplier of brass plated hinges. Looking to purchase 10 pairs but more in the future so i need to find a source for bulk and at wholesale prices. Looking for 2" long and full width to be 1" wide when open. NOT looking for solid brass due to price.

Anyone have a good vendor that ships to Canada?

Seems so many online places i have found with the product at the right price dont ship to Canada.

Can buy them at Home Depot for $2.50 each so $5.00 per pair but have seen them for under $2 given my future needs i want them as low as possible.

Thanks for any help on this.

Thank you guys, seems when one wants the cheapo tai chi stuff its never around yet look for good stuff and it often seems its never around. :) Murphys law i guess i think i have already found the cheapest units i am going to get away with. I am not planning on using these in a conventional manner hence the need for narrow....and cheap. Guess there is a limit to how low you can go.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks Charlie I had given that thought too but figured it was on the super cheap side and have done it before and had the pin fall out. Good idea though . I think i will settle for the Home Depot unit after having a good look around. Thanks for the inputs.

Thanks Charlie I had given that thought too but figured it was on the super cheap side and have done it before and had the pin fall out. Good idea though . ....

I mash the end of the first or last section with a hammer to trap the pin. I cut the piano hinges apart with a cut-off wheel on a dremel, then use the Dremel to clean up the rough edges and round the corners. (Did one yesterday, so remember the details).

I mash the end of the first or last section with a hammer to trap the pin. I cut the piano hinges apart with a cut-off wheel on a dremel, then use the Dremel to clean up the rough edges and round the corners...

Or, you can pull the pin out and bend it slightly. Reinsert it, and it'll stay there. It will stiffen the hinge action a little bit, though.