Bandsaw Box

Bob Gibson

This was my first attempt at a bandsaw box. I needed something for my grand daughter Lizzie as I just built her sister the vanity table.
I almost cut this into several pieces while bandsawing. Saved myself at the last minute :eek:

I'ts too thick (deep) I think. Next time I'll measure the sanding height of my spindle sander before I design it :doh: I did come up with a good adaption to my spindle sander to make the sanding stroke longer though. Another thread on how I did it coming up.

It's rosewood, walnut, maple and cherry. Finished with 3 coats of wipe on poly.

This turned out OK but not really how I expected. Next one will be better.

Defiantly fun to make :)

100_4608.jpg100_4609.jpg100_4610.jpg

That is cute. Those little hidden drawers are a great idea.

When you give it to her, maybe put something inside the drawers.

Like a nice little Jewlry store neklace for when shes older, and a savings bond for her Wedding day :)

Beautiful Bob - Super job! :thumb: The pulls really jazzes up the box, she's going to love it. There'll be more requests in the future. Now you're hooked! :rofl: Not a bad addiction eh?

Very cool Bob almost missed this thread. I specifically like the way you made it from laminated wood. Adds a nice dimension to it. But it does look to me like you need to get one of them spinny things if you aint got one. :) A couple of equally nice knobs in some say maple would have been a nice contrast on the front. ;) I also like the shape excellent idea.

Have not yet made a bandsaw box but its on my to do list.