Look Who Found Me!

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
There I was, playing my guitar last Thursday at the local sports bar and grill in Albuquerque, when all of a sudden some guy from upstate New York came up and said hello. :D

Ken%20and%20Vaughn%20Onstage%20T%20450.jpg

Actually, I'm fibbing a little. I knew Ken Werner and his wife Shelley were in town visiting their son Ben (also a FW member) who moved here last year, and was expecting them at the gig. I didn't get a lot of opportunity to talk with them Thursday night, but fortunately I did get a chance to go to dinner with them a few nights earlier. It was great seeing Ken and Shelley (as well as Ben and his girlfriend Stacey) and catching up on all the happenings since we last saw each other a few years ago in LA. And now that Ben's living here in Albuquerque, I'll be looking forward to seeing more of all of them in the future. :thumb:

And as an aside, Ken brought me a couple of pieces of Michigan Chocolate...gonna have to figure out what they want to be. ;-)

That is so nice. I haven't met Ken but had the opportunity to meet Ben while he was in town for an internship. Such a talented young man. Hope he starts turning again.

That is so nice. I haven't met Ken but had the opportunity to meet Ben while he was in town for an internship. Such a talented young man. Hope he starts turning again.

Very true about Ben. I did get a chance to see and handle some of his turned pieces. He does very nice work. :thumb:

It was a real pleasure to catch up with Vaughn. And for those of you who know how talented a turner he is, he is just as talented a guitar player.
I know I've been laying low here at FW, but I'm fine, just busy with various efforts.
Vaughn was a HUGE help to Ben when the younger Werner first came to ABQ.

So hi back to all of you, and I hope to hang around some more here in the not too distant future.
And I'm looking forward to seeing what Vaughn does with the chocolate cookies I brought him.

Very cool for numerous reasons, good to see you around Ken and to see a family meet up. Good for you Vaughn, next you gonna have a bunch of groupies chasing you down the road. :rofl: