New Born Plaque

Mike Mathieu

Hi Everyone
This is a photo of a little Cherry Plaque that I did for a client.
Cherry plaque is 8" x 10". The recess for the intarsia was made using a template and a small hinge mortice router bit. The wording was laser engraved
Fun little project.
Woods used; Background-Australian Lacewood, White- Holly, Pink-African Pink Ivory, Green-Argentinian Lignum Vitae, Limb-Peruvian Walnut, Black- Gabon Ebony,Yellow- SA Pau Amarillo
IMG_6610.jpg

Mike,

You have a great "eye" and talent. Believe me, if Myrna and I had something like that for either or both of our sons, we would still have it and it would still be hung out in plain sight.

That is really great. It is an heirloom.

Thumbs Up.

Enjoy,
JimB

Ha! Mike, you need to post more. Every time you do I get all excited to try Intarsia and start looking at patterns. As time passes I slowly cool down and finally decide I don't need another hobby at this time. Then you post and the routine starts again. Beautiful work you do, as always. Now pardon me as I go look at Intarsia patterns...:type:

Ha! Mike, you need to post more. Every time you do I get all excited to try Intarsia and start looking at patterns. As time passes I slowly cool down and finally decide I don't need another hobby at this time. Then you post and the routine starts again. Beautiful work you do, as always. Now pardon me as I go look at Intarsia patterns...:type:

Paul stated the feeling exactly. I'm struck the same way & also went looking at various Intarsia sites & videos. Gotta get through my current projects though before I can start another & then it'll be summer & woodworking will take a back seat as it's more of a winter pastime to get through the cold & snowy season.