Larry the Lather!

This wasn't just the average everyday lathe project, the project was to get Larry Merlau in front of a lathe. I didn't have any problem getting him in front of a bar, that is a story for another section when I get time! Getting him in front of a lathe was a little tougher.

Showed him my blanks: "Nope, nope, nope, . . . nope!" He turned his nose up at all my blanks. He thought he had weaseled out of turning. I grabbed him and let him grab the chainsaw and we headed for the woods. Hard for him to knock a blank he cut. :thumb:

As y'all can see by the pile of shavings on his wrist and the shavings flying in the other picture, Larry ain't just standing there, he is running a spinny thing! Not quite as hard as getting him away from the bar but it was tough getting Larry away from the lathe. I think we have a new turny guy on the forum!

Hu

Attachments

• larshav1post.jpg
    larshav1post.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 70
  • larshav2post.jpg
    larshav2post.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 67
Something just froze over:eek::eek::eek:

I figured it would happen also, so since he is away I had better get a LOT OF WOOD out of there to make room for a new toy:D, better borrow my sons truck:rofl:

This wasn't just the average everyday lathe project, the project was to get Larry Merlau in front of a lathe. I didn't have any problem getting him in front of a bar, that is a story for another section when I get time! Getting him in front of a lathe was a little tougher.

Showed him my blanks: "Nope, nope, nope, . . . nope!" He turned his nose up at all my blanks. He thought he had weaseled out of turning. I grabbed him and let him grab the chainsaw and we headed for the woods. Hard for him to knock a blank he cut. :thumb:

As y'all can see by the pile of shavings on his wrist and the shavings flying in the other picture, Larry ain't just standing there, he is running a spinny thing! Not quite as hard as getting him away from the bar but it was tough getting Larry away from the lathe. I think we have a new turny guy on the forum!

Hu
All over but the crying now.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh and we lied we don't really have cookies on the spinny side.:thumb::thumb:

now I need to explane, it wasn't as yu think, hu has got a good handle on many things and between good food great stories and some things that you like real well Darren I was forced into it.. I had a line on a good deal on one of those spindle makers and it went to a better man,, so now according to hu I need to look for a "American beauty" I told him I was already married and didn't need another lady. but he told me that I really needed to look at one first and that this little lesson would help me be ready for the next step.. I was really indespozed and told me if I dint do it I wood be srry I figured he meant no mo syurp and no milk and cookies at night before we hit the hay.. so I relented because of my stomach being in charge most of my life so far:)