Remodel - more updates

Leo Voisine

Just a little more to bring me up to date a little.

5.jpgwest wall -2.jpg

The house was built in 1979 - that 70's think was still ongoing.

I tore down all the 70's "country" look and repaired the wall - sanded and repaired - sanded and repaired.

hall - before.jpghall crown.jpg

I will be adding "some" crown to the living area so I decided to add some crown to the hallway as well.

Crown spacer - hall.jpg

The crown in the living area is going to be placed a little below the top of the hallway opening, so I needed to add a spacer to extend the wall into the hallway opening. That also gave reason for the way I crowned the hallway.

hall spacer finished-1.jpg

I think I am pretty good at compounding and I filled in and compounded the wall and spacer together. Even close up - you cannot see anything. It looks like the wall - period.

upper part of west wall - done.jpg

To the left - you can see a sliver of the way I am going to crown the perimeter of the living area.

Below the crown the wall color will be a darker shade of the same color above the crown.

The ceiling beams are still not covered.

I am at a point where I refuse to do any more "other stuff" until the beam covers are done and installed. I do need to run some speaker wires for the surround sound along the beams and through the walls before installation of one of the beam covers.

Tomorrow I will post some updates on the beam covers.

Looking good, Leo. :thumb: I'll bet taking the "country look" off that wall will really change the feel of the room. :thumb: