Turning Smock What Do You Like?

...Haven't been able to find a mock turtleneck since...do they still make them?:huh:

First, you have to find a mock turtle. Then the rest is relatively easy. :D

08-Turkey-Bacon-Turtle-Burger.jpg

I know a lot of guys use these cotton welding shirts, but they lack the back pocket, and I'd really miss that.

That looks like a nice one, if you know someone who sews you can easily modify it for what you want.
I bought a Dickies work shirt two sizes too big and tall. The bride made it half sleeve from long sleeve and there was plenty of material for pockets on each sleeve for hones, etc; a hook for calipers (like a hammer hook on carpenter jeans), and a large back pocket. Comes to mid thigh and large enough to go over a light weight jacket. About $10 with shipping.

One pocket had more slots sewn shut for four markers.
Smock 001.jpg

Caliper
Vernier caliper
15cm ruler
Paint Marker
Dust Be Gone mask
iPhone in iPod mode listening to a Podcast
and other stuff too.

I find it convenient especially for the first three items, I used to set my vernier caliper down and then have to hunt for the darn thing, now I put it in the back pocket all the time.

I use the LV smock with the knit cuffs... they full of dust and curlies, but keeps them off me.... I don't use the back pockets much anymore... I dropped a tape measure in one, the forgot it was there and went to shake the dust off the smock and nearly brained myself with the tape...

For my vernier calipers, I put a ring bolt in the side of my cabinet under the lathe.... I put it back every time I use it and always know where it is.