Hey you home Brewers...

Don't ask me how I stumbled onto this, I just switched my OS to linux Ubuntu yesterday and I'm still trying to figure which way is up :eek::rofl:...anyways, thought maybe some of you folks might like this "beer recipe creation tool"... :beer:

Snagged from their site> "It automatically calculates color, bitterness, and other parameters for you while you drag and drop ingredients into the recipe. Brewtarget also has many other tools such as priming sugar calculators, OG correction help, and a unique mash designing tool."

Brewtarget

Nice.

I've got a commercial app called 'Beer Smith 2'. It's really got ti all going on. I've got 2 5 gallon batches I need to keg/bottle this weekend.

Cool.

I still mostly do it all by hand (and can get within about ~2-3 points of gravity most of the time with swag numbers). The biggest challenge I still have is properly hitting mash target temperatures. Eventually I'd like to automate a little more of this...

I have a lot of friends who use both ProMash and BeerSmith (and getting them to agree on which is better is like discussing handplane manufacturers with woodworkers). I like the idea of an open source one because I can fix it to do my bidding if need be :D