Cleaning Up and Organizing After Action Report

Stuart Ablett

Well the Aparto III went rather well, all things considered, and now I'm on the putting my workshop back together phase as well as the cleaning up the garbage left over phase. I don't have that much garbage left over but there is some, and it has to be separated into burnable, non-burnable and neither burnable or non-burnable :doh: Not a big deal, but it takes some time to do.

What did I learn from all of this? Well when you ask you wife to contact the wallpaper guy two weeks before the job, you really should check that she did contact the guy, and not to wait until a few days before you need him to do the work...

You really have to add more time than you think, so if you think it will take 10 days, up that to 12 then add another day, just because.

I've also learned that I could do this for a living, but only.... ONLY if I quit the L shop. There is no way I could even think of doing this kind of schedule for any length of time, two weeks just about did me in.

My usual day:
Wake up at 7:00 AM
On site by 8:00 AM
8:00 to 3:30 PM work, with only a couple of minor breaks enough to drink a cup of coffee from my thermos or to scarf down a Snicker bar.
4:00 go to the L shop and work until 11:00 PM

On Mondays I did this but I worked at the job site until 6:00 PM and then headed to the L shop to work until 11:00PM or later, on Sunday I did the 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM and then home, no liquor shop.

(People ask me why I don't watch TV :rolleyes: )

This was too much, but I got it done, the bad thing is, one slip, on misstep or one bad cold and I'd be really behind the eight ball.

I'm sure I could do this for a living.