my wifes receipie for Larrys new favorite thing to eat.

Frank Fusco

garbons obean salade

Even though I like Larry's spelling better, it really is: "Garbanzo salad"
Sometimes we refer to it as "garlic ala mode". Take yer pick.

All ingredients are to your personal liking. My favorite is more of everything. :eek::D

1 can artichoke hearts, not marinated
1 can medium size pitted ripe (black) olives
1 cup medium size green olives
1/4 pound mushrooms (may be cut into chunks)
1 can garbonzo beans (a/k/a chick peas) drained
1/2 sliced onion (I prefer white sweet)
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp each: basil, parsely, salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
2 cloves garlic minced (I prefer more, you cannot have too much garlic)
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 cup olive oil ( ingrediants absorb the OO, second day more can/should be added)
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese. (I prefer more)
Mix together and refrigerate overnight. Let set to room temp. before serving.

For best results use fresh basil, the best OO you can find and the best Parmesan cheese you can find.
The longer it sets the better it tastes. Don't be afraid to increase amounts and make a large batch. It is a popular snack and/or salad that can be enjoyed for days

Enjoy.

Thanks Frank and thanks to your wife. Gonna give this a try because i like all the ingredients. Bit heavy on the olives though thinking of the gout :) But as you said mix to what a person is comfortable with. Love chick peas, even more when they in hummus form. :thumb: You had a great visit with Larry and Tod miss him posting here though.

I thought garbons o'bean salade was some kind of Spanish/Irish/French dish. :D

Based on the recipe, it looks like good stuff. :thumb:

Thanks Frank and thanks to your wife. Gonna give this a try because i like all the ingredients. Bit heavy on the olives though thinking of the gout :) But as you said mix to what a person is comfortable with. Love chick peas, even more when they in hummus form. :thumb: You had a great visit with Larry and Tod miss him posting here though.

Never knew about the relationship between olives and gout. :eek: Just replace with garlic. :D

thanks frank.. and i will have my cook copy it off for a new addition to our recipe box:) thanks for a great visit and supper and breakfast.. it was good to have some time with both of you guys that evening.