I love using my planes!

Roger Tulk

I had to clean up some wood that had been exposed to the weather yesterday. I started with my scraper and my spokeshave, but I wasn't really happy with my progress, so I got out my smoother plane, still tuned and sharpened from last year. Now the driveway is full of long shavings. It just zips along the full length of the pieces, sounds good and feels better!

In the course of things, I noticed blood dripping from my right little and ring fingers. I stopped to clean it up, and put a bandaid on it. I had bumped my little finger against God knows what, and opened a hole about 2mm in diameter. If the first day of the year is a harbinger of things to come, it should be a good year for woodworking.

As an aging woodworker, I'm constantly bumping my hands and opening small wounds. Just have to keep a box of bandages hand to keep from staining the project.

I am sorry to hear about your problem but I quess I should take the time to look over my first aid kit and fire extinguisher. Thanks for reminding me.

Tom

well roger i was told you come near me on a regular basis,,, i am gonna send you another invite to stop in and stay awhile anytime your in the area.. we can swap stories over a cold drink or a cup of strong coffee which ever suits you..

I do plan to drop in one of the times I come by, but my daughter has just last week moved to Chicago. Also my wife will not visit internet people, so I'll be on my own, or with my son. And if I'm flying, I refuse to jump out of the plane just to drop in on anyone.

I do plan to drop in one of the times I come by, but my daughter has just last week moved to Chicago. Also my wife will not visit internet people, so I'll be on my own, or with my son. And if I'm flying, I refuse to jump out of the plane just to drop in on anyone.

larry is the furthest thing from an internet person.
hes genuine and a real gentleman.
and I am one of the most paranoid people when it comes to meeting anyone from the internet, but every person Ive met in person on this board has an open invitation to visit my home anytime they want. good people. down to earth. friendly. personable.

Last edited:
I have met many internet people over the years, and the meetings have always been very pleasant. But anyone I met on the computer is an 'internet person' to Memsahib. I think she's still suffering from the trauma of a husband who left one of her friends for someone he'd met on the internet, and that woman's horrible remarriage. She also works in the Probation and Parole system, which gives her a jaundiced view of the internet because of what people coming through her door use it for. I think she thinks one of these days I'm going to be kidnapped by a pervert who contacted me in a chat room. I never go to chat rooms, but that's beside the point to her. Add to that the fact that she is more shy than she would admit, and she is going to be very hard to take with me.