Got To Build Another Tool Stand!

Paul Douglass

I ordered a Ridgid spindle/belt sander last week. It showed up today. Now I have to build another tool stand. I have no idea where I am going to put it! I really need it though, so I tell myself.

Picture so it did happen. I hopes it holds together, sooo much plastic!

IMG_2206.jpg

Congrats! I'll echo Jay. It's a great tool, and knowing what you like to build, I suspect you'll get lots of use out of it. Like you, I was initially a bit concerned about the plastic base, but it's never been an issue with mine.

I ordered a Ridgid spindle/belt sander last week. It showed up today. Now I have to build another tool stand. I have no idea where I am going to put it! I really need it though, so I tell myself.

Picture so it did happen. I hopes it holds together, sooo much plastic! Stop and think; plastics and all of their cousins are tremendously better today than they were a few years ago. The bad reputation should go away.

View attachment 82376

Mine is still together even after Glenn used it for a few years before I inherited it. It is a great tool.

Enjoy,
JimB

Last edited:
Dad also inherited my flip-top table and has the sander on one side and his DW735 planer on the other. Same footprint, two tools.